experimenting with transitions between verbs. sugar dissolves into crystallization and then rots. I took most of the ideas from the top storyboard except I had sugar clumped and broke apart as it dissolved. I also had fragments from rotting fall off the frame.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
1. What are some predominately shared values of this group?
Family is by far the most important value among mexican americans.detail
2. What political policies/issues are particularly important to this demographic in this election?
-economy and health care
3. Are there any cultural references your demographic identifies with?
-Lowrider! "not only a visual statement but it is a statement of a way of living. To relax, go slow, be proud, and never sell out who you really are."
-ponchos & sombrero
-Tattoo of sexy ladies
-day of the dead, skulls
-those guys that ride around little carts selling interesting things....
4. What does their graphic landscape look like?
5. Including aiga document and other sources, what are the issues cited for this group not voting?
-elections based on non-issues
-thought the count did not vote
-too busy, conflicting schedule
-voter registration problems
-illness or disability
Initial word list:
My decision was based on the interest in the verbs of sugar: crystallize, rot, and dissolve.
I did a lot of hand drawn sketches as well as digital. I enjoy the digital rendering of crystallize for the reason it emphasizes the structure of the letter form.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Final actions of making coffee and drinking coffee in book form. ten frames were also inserted into the narratives and displayed in a story board format. I changed the background to gray use a dark color for the coffee and appear easily.